Sunday, April 3, 2011

Late Night Snack

Why aren’t we supposed to watch television late at night? Maybe it’s because of commercials like THIS! Though it is not bad for Ruby Tuesday’s, it may be for the consumer, especially if they’re on a diet.
I saw this Ruby Tuesday’s commercial one night and instantly got an appetite. It’s a little funny because I do not even like seafood! 

This Ruby Tuesday’s commercial and those like it often place the thought of the food in the back of the viewers’ minds. I found myself thinking about the food on the commercial the next day at lunch. 

The commercial began showing the moving water, showing that the fish was fresh. It shows the fresh vegetables being sliced and tossed on top of the tilapia fish and pasta. As this occurs, they give an overview of what the meal entails which gives us the feeling that it will be the most delicious meal we have ever tasted.

They use key phrases that relate back to the seafood theme. They tell us to “dive” into the shell fish trio. Their goal is to get us to “set sail” through their seafood festival today.

On the night that I actually saw the commercial I was a little disappointed because I wanted food though I knew I was not supposed to eat. It was also frustrating because I had no way to get the food because it was so late and I had no transportation. 

If you have the same urge I do to snack at night, try this site!  How to Stop Late Night Food Cravings 

Sometimes I feel as though that is the purpose of the commercials. Obviously they want to put their product’s image in our minds, but I feel as though they are doing more. They put these images in our minds at the right time, when we are cannot get to the product. 

For me, this gives me time to think of all of my options. For example, on the commercial they featured seafood. Because I do not like seafood, I thought of other things that may be more satisfying to me.
Though I realize the intent of the commercials, sometimes they still catch my eye. 

I have only been to Ruby Tuesday’s once before. After seeing this commercial, I want to go again. I am hoping that I get enough so that I can save a bit for that late night craving.
After all, it doesn’t hurt to snack sometimes. =)   Ruby Tuesday's!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment